Found this receipt yesterday on Pinterest. I am actually on diet these days, and this vegetarian gluten free menu fits my dieting requirement well, so I decided to have it for my lunch.
Sorry, Erin (original author of this receipt). You missed your appointment that happens to me so often too. But I like what you said, "for those days when full meals just aren’t there, I have recipes that shouldn’t even be considered a recipe. Cook a little asparagus, crack a couple eggs and cheese on top, and done: dinner (or breakfast!)".
My life has been difficult in recent years. No complains, no sorries, this is life.
Right now, I am enjoying my Asparagus and delicious porched eggs, full mouth.
ASPARAGUS AND EGGS
Author: Erin Alderson
Prep time:
Cook time:
Total time:
Serves: 1
- 5-6 stalks Asparagus
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup goat or blue cheese (*optional)
- Pepper to top
- Heat olive oil in an 8″ cast iron skillet (or regular skillet) over medium heat. Cut off ends of asparagus and add to skillet along with salt. Shake skillet to coat asparagus and cook until tender, 4-5 minutes.
- Spread asparagus out and crack eggs in the center. Sprinkle cheese over asparagus and eggs. Cover and let cook until egg whites are firm and yolk is done to desired consistency.
- Serve with freshly cracked pepper.

No comments:
Post a Comment